Friday, May 19, 2017

Reason #43 to Live Nebulously

Motherfucking prescription drug commercials on television.

Seriously, that shit has to stop.

Who first thought pharmaceutical companies need to advertise at all?

And who decided it was okay that they do? Or that they do so in such a cynical, assaultive and exploitive manner?

The only time I ever need to hear the (ghastly) names of these drugs is if I'm unfortunate enough to have a doctor feel the need to say them to me.

They certainly don't need to interrupt the "Friends" marathon I've committed my afternoon to.

Of course, they themselves are sure to be interrupted by other commercials, notably the ones that start out, "If you, or a loved one, took XXXX and experienced illness or death, you might be entitled to a sizable cash settlement!"

Madness.