Friday, May 12, 2017

Yet ANOTHER Top 100 (or so) Songs I Absolutely Must Have With Me on 1/48/50

#251) "Miss You" by The Rolling Stones - I think when artists today sing about "moves like Jagger...", and all that that implies, they're referring to 1978's "Miss You". Quintessential Stones, I'd say, emblematic of the hedonistic Seventies too...and all that that implies.

Really, is there a more durably slick and sexy jam than this?



"I've been walking Central Park, singing after dark, people think I'm crazy..."


#252) "Just a Girl" by No Doubt - Even if this song weren't, for my money, the best example of what made No Doubt great, even if this song's lyrics weren't kind of important for young girls to take a moment to actually listen to, Gwen Stefani is still the hottest female artist to ever step onto a stage, so...yeah, she'll be coming along on 1/48/50.

Er, you know what I mean...;-)



"Take this pink ribbon off my eyes, I'm exposed, and it's no big surprise..."